Missing Children Europe is seeking to recruit a Volunteer Financial Assistant
Missing Children Europe is seeking to recruit a volunteer or stagiaire Financial Assistant to support the Brussels based General Secretariat, starting as soon as possible.
Missing Children Europe is the European federation for missing and sexually exploited children, representing a network of 30 NGOs in 26 countries in Europe. The mission of Missing Children Europe is to enable the development of effective and holistic child protection systems to prevent the children from going missing, support missing children and their families and protect children from any risk of violence and abuse that may lead to or result from going missing.
The volunteer/stagiaire Financial Assistant will assist the Finance & Payroll Officer with the following tasks:
· Assistance in preparing and updating project budgets;
· Assistance in closing the annual accounts;
· Supporting the development of financial reports for various projects granted by the European Commission and other donors;
· Various administrative tasks related to the day to day running of the finances: follow up and classifying of invoices, account statements, donations and credit cards statements, maintenance of the cash register, etc.
· (Working towards) an official degree in Accountancy, Finance or similar
· Very good knowledge of French, good knowledge of English;
· Very good knowledge of Excel;
· Meticulousness, rigor, precision and responsible attitude;
· Affinity with numbers;
· Knowledge of accountancy software WinBooks is considered a plus
· Previous experience in administration or finance is an asset.
· Interest in the cause of child protection;
An exciting volunteer positions/internship in a small but dynamic multicultural team working for the protection of children across Europe. The position will provide the candidate with a unique opportunity to understand the financial and administrative functioning and structure of an international NGO supported by the European Commission. It will allow the candidate to prepare for a later position in any administrative role as well as lay the basis for possible roles in EU project management.
The position is non-remunerated, but expenses such as travel and lunches (up to 6 euros) can be covered. If needed Missing Children Europe will provide the candidate with the necessary flexibility allowing the candidate to combine the position with other professional or educational obligations. Candidates must have EU residence permit.
How to apply:
If you think you qualify for this position, please send your CV with a letter of motivation by 22nd January 2020 midnight at the latest to the following address: Emily.Clothier@missingchildreneurope.eu
Interviews are planned to take place on the 29th of January 2020. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Staff recruited by Missing Children Europe will be asked to comply with our child protection policy, including necessary vetting and background checks of personnel.
Missing Children Europe is an equal opportunity employer and does not to discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, colour, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Missing Children Europe
Rue de l’Industrie 10
02 894 74 79