The Patrons’ Council was launched on 18 November 2010 at the Royal Palace in Brussels. The Members of the Patrons’ Council are dedicated to assist and support Missing Children Europe as well as its 30 national member organisations in the fight against child disappearances and abductions and in protecting them from sexual exploitation and abuse.
The Patrons' Council is composed of:
- H.M. Queen Paola of Belgium
- H.E. Marie Louise Coleiro Preca
- Sir Francis Jacobs
- Mrs. Bernardette Chirac, wife of the former President of the Republic of France
- Dr. Vaira Vīķe-Freiberga, former President of Latvia
- Prof. Giovanni Maria Flick, former President of the Italian Constitutional Court