NOW HIRING: Junior Communication Officer
Missing Children Europe is looking to recruit a versatile and dynamic Junior Communication officer to support execute and implement communication, marketing and press activities and efforts for the organisation.
Missing Children Europe is the European federation for missing and sexually exploited children, representing 29 organisations from 26 European countries. We provide the link between research, policies and organisations on the ground to protect children from any kind of violence, abuse or neglect that is caused by or results from them going missing.
The Junior Communication officer will report to the Head of Communication and Capacity building in executing and implementing internal and external communication, marketing, fundraising and press activities based on the communication strategy drafted for the next 5 years.
• Coordinate and implement communication national and EU campaigns for projects, events etc. as well as member communication efforts such as newsletters and webinars
• Support projects, fundraising events and campaigns with the necessary marketing efforts such as designing posters, invites, save the dates and social media promotion
• Develop a social media strategy and create and disseminate social media content
• Coordinate and amp up press efforts through the development of press releases, dealing with press enquiries etc.
• Coordinate and execute other external communication efforts such as writing and disseminating public newsletters, newsflashes and participating to other communication campaigns by relevant NGOs and partners
• Coordinate, brief and manage relationships with external supporters such as photographers, videographers, designers, developers, agencies etc.
• Strategise, implement and follow up the marketing and dissemination needs related to existing apps, publications, videos as well as new content relating to website and video needs
• Take the lead to ensure the brand of the organisation is strong, consistent and enforced in internal and external efforts
• Write and proof read most of the content created or generated for marketing purposes or to support projects and fundraising efforts
Profile, skills and background:
• University degree in a communication, marketing or press relations field
• 1-3 years of relevant professional experience
• Native command of English, other EU languages an advantage
• Understanding and interest of general children’s rights / child protection issues
• Ability to work well with people from different professional and cultural backgrounds and in a small team
• Ability to work quickly and efficiently as well as stress resistant
• Positive with a can do attitude and desire to receive feedback and improve
• Ability to work proactively and to take charge of projects and efforts
• Ability to work within tight budget constraints and a creative problem solver
• Experience in managing social media profiles and content
• Designing skills (basic at minimum) in adobe photoshop and/or indesign
• Knowledge of website creation and content management is a plus
• Knowledge of video creation and editing is a plus (Adobe premiere pro or Final cut)
An exciting job in a small but dynamic organisation dealing with problems related to the disappearance and sexual exploitation of children at a European level.
• Full-time, permanent contract.
• Starting date: as soon as possible.
Remuneration will depend of the candidate’s experience and qualification, following the remuneration scheme of Missing Children Europe.
If you believe you qualify for this position please send the completed application form, along with your CV (max 2 pages) to Valentina Morese, Finance and Human Resource Officer of Missing Children Europe, by email: email@example.com by 3rd November (5 pm CET). Interviews are planned to take place on the 14th and 16th of November. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Staff recruited by Missing Children Europe will be asked to comply with child protection policy, including necessary vetting and background checks of personnel. Missing Children Europe is an equal opportunity employer and does not to discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, or age.