Cycling for Missing Children Europe
Saturday, 7 October 2017
140 km ride up Mont Ventoux
Raising funds for Missing Children Europe
Pour lire cette page en français, cliquez ici.
Every cyclist has dreamed of climbing the legendary Mont Ventoux at least once in their lifetime.
Missing Children Europe now offers you a unique opportunity to do this in outstanding conditions, joining the Haute Route Ventoux, together with hundreds of amateur riders from across the globe.
The Haute Route Ventoux features the unrivalled premium level services put in place at all Haute Route events in the Pyrenees, Alps and Dolomites. Riders will be able to live and ride like professionals on one of the most iconic cols in cycling.
What do we offer?
- The privilege to join this three-day event for one day only *, on Saturday 7 October, for a 140-km classic stage culminating at the top of Mont Ventoux from where you will then descend back to Bédoin for the race village and rider services.
- A reduced registration fee of € 215 instead of € 695 including all technical and medical assistance, timing and ranking, refreshments, the official Haute Route Jersey and backpack…
- Assistance to book accommodation close to the event.
- The option to rent a bike.
* Riders are welcome to register for all three days as well. The registration fee for three days is € 695. As we have pre-booked slots, even if the event is sold out you will have the priority to get a slot.
So, here's how it works:
Registration: fill in the registration form and proceed with a bank transfer to Missing Children Europe’s bank account to cover the registration fee and, optionally, the accommodation fee and the bike rental.
Fundraising: to join the team, we ask for a minimum financial support of € 1.000. You can either do both or one of the below:
- Make a personal donation : donations from € 40 are eligible for a tax certificate for residents in Belgium, Luxembourg and France.
- Create your personal Activist page on the GivenGain fundraising platform and reach out to your personal and professional networks to ask them to support your effort by donating. We will help you create your page and make it convincing.
If you raise € 2.000, your registration fee (€ 215) will be reimbursed.
If you raise €3.000, your registration fee and your accommodation (3 nights for 1 person in shared accommodation with another rider) will be reimbursed.
Your registration in the Missing Children Europe team will be confirmed as soon as you have reached the minimum donation of €1.000. We will take care of your official registration for the event.
Accommodation: The accommodation will be reimbursed (3 nights for 1 person in shared accommodation with another rider) if you raise €3.000 in donations. We have booked le Mas du Ventoux, a nice house with swimming-pool with a capacity of 16 people in single, double (double and twin beds) and quadruple rooms. Cost per person for 3 nights, breakfast included : €120 to €310. If you wish to make a reservation, please click here.
Transportation is left to the initiative of the rider.
Location and access:
- Event village: Bédoin, Provence, France
- Closest airports: Marseille, Montpellier
- Closest train station: Avignon
Last date to register: there is no last date to register; nonetheless the number of our entries is limited, and the process of recruiting donors takes some time, so the sooner, the better.
Insurance: there is no insurance included in the registration fee. You can find here a list of insurance providers recommended by Haute Route Ventoux.
Our cause: Helping parents in cross-border family conflicts in finding amicable solutions in the interest of children. In the EU alone, 130.000 international couples file for divorce each year, and children are involved in many of these cases. When an international family conflict escalates, it can lead to an international child abduction. In average, 30% of the cases handled by the European network of hotlines for missing children concern parental abductions, of which an average of 70% are cross-border.
Missing Children Europe’s network of Cross-Border Family Mediators (CBFM) counts 130 highly trained cross-border family mediators from around the world. The mediators are specialised in (prevention of) international child abduction cases, cross-border visitation rights and international relocation.
What will we do with the money raised ?
1) We will improve the training and the coordination of the network of cross-border family mediators ;
2) We will raise awareness among professionals to improve referral to mediators in cases of cross-border family conflicts, including through a symposium involving mediators, hotlines, law enforcement, lawyers, notary publics and policy makers;
3) We will coordinate a public campaign to sensitise the public about mediation.
Donors: Want to support a rider?
You can sponsor either a rider or the whole team. All donations are welcome, large or small. Given that the riders cover their own expenses, you can be sure that all the money you donate goes directly to Missing Children Europe's projects for missing and sexually exploited children in Europe. Sponsor a rider here.
TIP: Don't forget to mention the name/s of the person/s you'd like to sponsor in your communication via your bank transfer information.
Undeniably a professional event for amateur cyclists:
- Marshals ensuring priority right-of-way for riders
- Safety, medical, and press motorcycles accompanying the peloton
- 2 Gendarmerie motorcycles on each of the stages
- The Race Director’s vehicle at the front of the race
- 1 official mid-race vehicle
- 1 official end-race vehicle, and a ‘broom wagon’ to collect riders if necessary
- 2 ambulances
- A medical support team of 2 doctors and 11 EMTs/nurses
- A team of 25-35 professional masseurs at each Race Village
- 4 to 5 fully staffed refreshment points per stage
- 4 mechanical support vehicles.