Missing Children Europe is seeking to recruit an Intern in Administration/Finances
Missing Children Europe is seeking to recruit an Intern in Administration/Finances to support the Brussels’ based General Secretariat starting October 2019 for a 5 to 6 months period.
Missing Children Europe is the European federation for missing and sexually exploited children, representing a network of 30 NGOs in 26 countries in Europe. The mission of Missing Children Europe is to enable the development of effective and holistic child protection systems to prevent the children from going missing, support missing children and their families and protect children from any risk of violence and abuse that may lead to or result from going missing.
The Intern in Administration/Finances will assist the Finance & Payroll Officer with the following tasks:
· Various administrative tasks related to the day to day running of the finances: follow up and classifying of invoices, account statements, donations and credit cards statements, maintenance of the cash register, etc.
· Assistance in managing the staff time sheets;
· Assistance in preparation of different projects budgets;
· Assistance to the closing of the annual accounts;
· Assistance to the financial reports of various projects granted by the European Commission and other donor organizations;
· Other various administrative tasks including copies and encoding on excel overviews.
· University degree in Accountancy or Finance;
· Very good knowledge of French, good knowledge of English;
· Very good knowledge of Excel;
· Meticulousness, rigor, precision and responsible attitude;
· Affinity with numbers;
· Knowledge of accountancy software WinBooks is considered a plus
· Background in secretariat, administration or finance is an asset.
· Interest in the cause of child protection;
An exciting internship in a small but dynamic multicultural team working for the protection of children across Europe. The position will provide the candidate with a unique opportunity to understand the administrative and financial functioning and structure of an international NGO supported by the European Commission. It will allow the candidate to prepare for a later position in any administrative role as well as lay the basis for possible roles in EU project management.
Full-time position, non-remunerated, but expenses such as travel and lunches (up to 6 euros) can be covered. If needed Missing Children Europe will provide the candidate with the necessary flexibility allowing the candidate to combine the position with other professional or educational obligations.
How to apply:
If you think you qualify for this position, please send your CV with a letter of motivation to Missing Children Europe, Kalim Ullah, by 20th September 2019 at the latest: email@example.com. Interviews are planned to take place in October. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Staff recruited by Missing Children Europe will be asked to comply with our child protection policy, including necessary vetting and background checks of personnel. Missing Children Europe is an equal opportunity employer and does not to discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, colour, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or age.